What are the technical requirements for aluminium alloy casting dies/molds/moulds?
1) The chemical composition of the alloys shall conform to the requirements of GB/T 15114-1994. With following aluminum alloy part material for reference:
pressure die casting according to different country standard.
|Aluminum Alloy||Commerdal Standard||Equivalent Alloys or dose sub strtutes|
aluminum alloy low pressure casting material types:
2) Mechanical properties
When inspecting the body of a casting die, the mechanical properties of the specimens cut at the designated position shall not be lower than 75% of the single casting specimens. If there are special requirements, they can be agreed between the supplier and the buyer.
3) Size of Casting Mould
(1)The geometric shape and size of the casting die shall conform to the requirements of the casting pattern.
(2) Dimensional tolerance of casting die shall be carried out in accordance with GB/T 6414-1999. When there are special regulations and requirements, they should be noted on the drawings.
(3) When the tangible position tolerance of casting die is required, the marking method shall be in accordance with GB/T 15114-1994.
(4) Dimensional tolerance of casting die does not include casting inclination, its non-machined surface: the inclusion surface is based on the small end, the inclusion surface is based on the big end; the surface to be machined is based on the big end, and the inclusion surface is based on the small end. When there are special regulations and requirements, it should be indicated on the drawing.
4) When the casting die needs to be machined, the processing allowance shall be implemented in accordance with the regulations of GB/T 15114-1994. If there are special regulations and requirements, the processing allowance should be indicated on the drawing.
5) Surface Quality
The surface roughness of casting die should conform to GB/T 15114-1994.
(2) No cracks, undercasting, looseness, bubbles and any penetration defects can be found in the casting die.
(3) Casting moulds can have defects such as scratches, depressions, lack of meat and mesh burrs. However, the extent and quantity of the defects should be in accordance with the agreed standards of both suppliers and demanders.
(4) The gate, flying edge, overflow, separator and ejector mark of casting mould should be cleaned up. But there are allowed to be traces.
(5) If there is no special stipulation in the drawing, the layout of the die casting process part, such as the position of the ejector rod, the parting line, the gate and the overflow gate, etc., shall be determined by the manufacturer itself, otherwise the drawing shall be indicated or agreed by both suppliers and demanders.
(5) The surface of the casting mould which needs special processing, such as polishing, shot peening, chromium plating, coating, anodizing, chemical oxidation, etc., should be indicated on the drawing or agreed by both the supplier and the demander.